[Drm-nao] Fwd: 35 Days Against DRM -- Day 1: MacBook

Marcos Marado marado isp.novis.pt
Quinta-Feira, 27 de Novembro de 2008 - 15:08:50 WET

Segue-se um apelo da DBD, ao qual o DRM-PT subscreve inteiramente.
---

 DefectiveByDesign.org DefectiveByDesign.org DefectiveByDesign.org
## 35 Days Against DRM — Economic Boycott of DRM This Gift Giving Season

Starting this Black Friday and over the next 35 days leading up to the
end of 2008, we want your help in promoting a consumer boycott of
Digital Restrictions Management.

Every day we'll be publishing *your* stories -- about a product,
company, service, executive or politician that has has inflicted the
nightmare of Digital Restrictions Management on you and our society,
reminding us all why this holiday season we need an all-out boycott.

  For today, we've chosen the first product to be avoided this holiday
  season -- Apple's MacBook computer. Apple have pushed their DRM
  agenda even further, with the release of the latest revision of
  their MacBook laptop computers. The new MacBooks contain a hardware
  chip that prevents certain types of display being used, in an effort
  to plug the analog hole.

   * Digg the story against Apple:

    <http://digg.com/tech_news/35_Days_Against_DRM_Day_1_MacBook>

   * Vote for the story on reddit:

    <http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/7fwr1>

We ask you to join us to participate in this action and to actively
campaign with us against DRM-laden products. Get involved by sending
us your ideas and suggestions, and we'll pick the best ones and
promote them to remind people why we need this boycott.

You can support us in this by:

 * Sending us your favorite story of how DRM has proven itself stupid.
 * Sending us your ideas for defective products, companies and more.
 * Hit the streets with our flyer and let the shoppers know to avoid DRM
 * Displaying any of our graphics and widgets on your website

As a bonus - every chosen submission will win its author one of our
new anti-DRM t-shirts and a free album download courtesy of our
friends at Magnatune.

In the last year, we've seen attacks from Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, EA
Games, Amazon, Google and Sony, but there are others.

Send us your suggestions, or better yet a short blog post for your
nomination.

    <http://www.defectivebydesign.org/days/>

In solidarity,

Matt, Peter and John
The DRM elimination crew
Stop receiving all emails from DefectiveByDesign.org:
optOut-1-243-581485-3ee95ccc67afc49a70adccda3fac4ce9c68a0acb  defectivebydesign.org.

DefectiveByDesign.org is a project of the Free Software Foundation
Fifty One Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
Boston, 02110